Well ... as I say goodbye to another year of my life ... I must always pause and reflect. There is just so much to be thankful for, both in my personal life and that of my business.
I am truly blessed to have three beautiful healthy little girls, a loving husband, a beautiful home and more friends than fingers to count them. I have my very own business that continues to grow and florish. A business that meets my values and has a strong and clear ethos that I can really be proud of. 2017 has been a very successful year for The Wardrobe Green, the amazing collaboration between myself and Andrea from Hattie and the Wolf, has been a dream come true. Bringing lots of new opportunities, personal and professional growth, friendships and most of all ... so much joy.
On this eve of the new year, I wanted to share with you my 2017 learnings for both my Professional and Personal life.
1. Collaborating is key in developing and growing a small business.
2. Just do it! Don't overthink an idea ... if you truly believe in it, give it a go!
3. Love what you do. If you have true passion for what you are doing, people will see it and the results will follow.
4. Run your own race. It can be easy to compare yourself and your Biz to others ... but it's a dangerous game! Put your head down, bum up and do your own thing!
5. Believe in yourself. It's amazing what happens when you open yourself up to new opportunities. Trust in your own skill set, experience and personal style of doing things.
1. Keep it simple stupid. Don't complicate life by taking on too much. It will eventually catch up and take it's toll. A simple life is a happy life.
2. Be true to you. This year I have really found my own Personal Fashion Style. It has taken me some time to develop it, and even more time to truly let go of what other people think. I dress for me, and only me. It's both empowering and freeing ... and I am so much happier in my own skin as a result.
3. I am a role model. This year as my eldest turned 7, it become overwhelming clear just how much she mimics my behaviour, my emotions and my mood. This can be an overwhelming thought ... but there is no escaping it. It just reinforces the imporance of managing my own 'life load', keeping my mental health in check and taking time to re-charge.
4. Relationships. There are many people in our lives for many reasons. No one person can give us everything we need. Strong female friendships are so precious and are a cruical part of my happiness and wellbeing. These are a priority in my life and always will be.
5. Presence. The greatest gift I can give my children is being Present. This is something I have continued to work on this year. Being in the moment with my girls is super important to me. Finding ways to 'switch off' and embrace those fleeting moments of laughter, silliness and joy before they are gone.
Well ... there it is, as we wave goodbye to 2017 and smile bright at a shiny new year, I want to say thank you. Thank you to my amazing loyal customers and incrediably engaged followers. Thank you to my amazing friends and loving family. And finally I want to say thank you to the hundreds and thousands of people who donate their unwanted fashion to the op shop, year after year, saving it from landfil. Your generosity is making a difference.
Until next time ...
Happy New Year!
Be safe, Be Merry ... and most of all think Green!
Love Bianca x